In addition to the Local Rep description:
- SPR Flight Attendant
- AFA member in good standing
- Computer skills
- Successful completion of Basic training
- Willingness to attend any requisite training(s)
- Adherence to policies, procedures, and standards of ethical conduct
This Committee consists of one Chairperson and Local Members.
The Committee represents AFA-CWA to secure Contractual requirements. This Committee investigates Flight Attendant complaints regarding layover hotel, transportation and crew lounge issues to ensure maintained Contract compliance.
Why Would I Contact This Committee?
The Hotel Committee is available to help you with:
- Concerns about hotels and transportation providers (through feedback provided via hotel app)
- Providing information about hotels and the hotel selection process
Composition and Qualifications
This committee is composed of members interested in reviewing and recommending crew hotel accommodations and addressing Flight Attendant concerns with hotel or transportation providers.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of the hotel section of the current contract
- Knowledge of hotel-industry terminology and practices
- Ability to attend regular Hotel Committee meetings
- Adherence to committee policies, procedures, and standards of ethical conduct
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and personal information
- Maintenance of member-in-good-standing status
- Ability to remain in good standing with the company
- Willingness to do ongoing committee work on a volunteer basis
- Some travel may be required to attend meetings and conduct hotel site visits.
Purpose and Scope
To investigate Flight Attendant complaints about hotel facilities and transportation providers and to periodically inspect these facilities for any decline in quality. The Chairperson of this committee will act to survey potential facilities and attempt to eliminate or avoid any possible problems involving transportation or layover facilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in an advisory role to the LEC Officers regarding hotel and transportation issues
- Monitor and investigate Flight Attendant write-ups of issues involving hotels, transportation, and any associated safety concerns
- Review current and potential future layover sites for compliance with contract language
- Coordinate with the Grievance Committee regarding any possible contractual violations concerning hotel or transportation issues on members’ behalf
- Attend management briefings and coordinate with management counterparts regarding Union input to potential future accommodations
- Act as liaison between the membership and the Local Executive Council (LEC) Officers.
- The Local Chairperson will act as liaison between the Local Committee and the MEC Committee Chairperson.
- Coordinate with the Local Chairperson of the committee regarding all activities
- Collaborate with other AFA committees as needed
- Report to the LEC Officers on any discussion with management
- Any AFA committee appointed by the LEC and empowered to conduct discussions with management on behalf of the flight attendants must first meet with the LEC Officers prior to forming any agreement to gain the direction of the LEC
- The committee will not make any policy that conflicts with LEC, MEC, or AFA policy
Our Spirit Airlines AFA-CWA Union movement could not have grown without the help of volunteers.