Our AFA-CWA Union power is impossible without the full participation of an organized, educated and mobilized membership. We cannot protect ourselves or make any gains without it. A few leaders cannot do it alone. It cannot work if we only do it during Contract bargaining. It must be the way Locals function all the time.
Mobilization requires three elements:
- Organization — an organized structure that touches every member, in each department, each building, each Local.
- Education – understanding our industry, our employer, the political situation, our allies and our power as a Union.
- A plan for collective action — actions that involve our members on every level, from wearing Red Shirts to taking on the employer in any way necessary.
- The committee will be responsible for development and coordination of a program to educate the members and move them to action.
- They will provide information and support for targeted issues.
- To further the flight attendants understanding of AFA-CWA, why we sought union representation, the history of the flight attendant profession and the aviation industry through development and distribution of educational materials and talking points.
- Informing the membership about the direction and decisions of the local council as provided by the LEC representatives.
- To dispel gossip, rumor, and inaccurate information from being circulated on line.
- To provide two-way local council communication via, feedback to the LEC representatives of the needs and responses of the membership.
Purpose and Scope
The Mobilization Committee’s primary responsibility is to provide a two-way channel of communications between the membership and the elected LEC officers.
Mobilization increases our power by developing an informed and active membership. The Mobilization Committee uses various strategies to reach our two major goals: political actions and organize members.
- Act as liaison between the membership and the Local Executive Council (LEC) Officers.
- The Local Chairperson will act as liaison between the Local Committee and the MEC Committee Chairperson.
- Coordinate with the Local Chairperson of the committee regarding all activities
- Collaborate with other AFA committees as needed
- Report to the LEC Officers on any discussion with management
- The committee will not make any policy that conflicts with LEC, MEC, or AFA policy
MEC Mobilization Committee
MEC MOBILIZATION COMMITTEE CHAIR
Took Office: July 1, 2017
Term Expires: June 30, 2020
“There are two primary choices in life: To accept conditions as they exist , or accept the responsibility for changing them. That’s the reason why I became a rep?