COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT (CBA)
Our contract negotiating process is governed by the Railway Labor Act (RLA). The RLA is a United States federal law that governs labor relations in the railroad and airline industries. The Act, passed in 1926 and amended in 1934 and 1936, seeks to substitute bargaining, arbitration and mediation for strikes as a means of resolving labor disputes. Its provisions are enforced under the National Mediation Board (NMB).
Doing your part to fly our contract is one of the most important ways we can support our Union. Know your contract. Fly your contract.
Current Spirit AFA-CWA Letters of Agreement
Letters of Agreement (LOA) outlines the terms of your arrangement or deal, a written agreement helps protect your legal rights and know your responsibilities.
Letters of Understanding (LOU) is a formal text that sums up the terms and understanding of a contract which mostly has been negotiated up to this point only in spoken form.
Spirit AFA-CWA Arbitration Awards
- 10/19/14 – Open Time Trip Removal Arbitration Award (39-99-02-107-13)
- 09/15/13 – Cabin Jumpseat Arbitration
- 09/15/13 – Buddy pass travel benefits Arbitration (39-99-02-137-11)
- 06/23/12 – Health Insurance Arbitration Award
- 12/10/09 – Arbitration Ruling – Unreasonable Denials Test Formula
- 11/13/08 – Daily Open Time Processing and Posting Arbitration Award M. Hill
- 11/15/07 – International Pay Grievance Arbitration Award
- 10/02/07 – 401k Arbitration
- 06/17/04 – Arbitration Cancellation Fee